Would love to know your thoughts on this recent chain of events:
- Met a guy on a shuttle bus recently. We were going to the same conference. It was a 10 – 15 minute interaction.
- We both shared a bit about what we did and our businesses. We exchanged business cards.
- Ran into him a couple of times during the conference. We said hello and asked if we were enjoying ourselves. (you know, that obligatory stuff).
- When I got home I sent him a handwritten note; nice to meet you; hope it was a good conference for you.
- Today I received an email from him telling me how wonderful his company is, asking me to refer him; and that he has two books coming out soon; would I like to know when they come out?
What are your thoughts on this scenario as it relates to building relationships? And what do you think my response was?:
- Sent back a reply saying “and what are you going to do for me?”
- deleted the email?
- referred him to this post?
- Gave him referrals and told him to let me know when his books came out?
- Turned to you for advice?
But seriously I want to know what your thoughts are.