A lot of employees are probably gathered around computers and televisions watching the Chilean Mine Worker Rescue today. While you’re gathered there in amazement and awe (or while you’re periodically crying as I am) here are some good points to discuss and think about as a group. They just might help strengthen your organization and get rid of some of the BS that goes on.
So much is going to be learned from these workers. Why not start now?
- The true sense of teamwork
- That those who have differences were able to put them aside
- That people looked out for one another
- What was the role of communication from above and within the mine?
- Everyone clearly had one common purpose
- What type of conflict arose? How do you think it was handled?
- What happened to the chain of command?
- Who was chosen first and why?
- Who chose to go last?
- What position would you have chosen to be removed? And why?
These are just a few points/questions to get some conversation going. I’m sure you can come up with your own. Just make sure you do the important thing………….draw the parallels to your organization with your answers.