So you have a choice. You can go pick up the goods from the online vendor you enlisted for your latest marketing idea or get them shipped to you.
$6.50 to ship. 2 hours of time and $10 gas to pick up.
Now re-read the title. The answer is pretty simple. Right?
Pay for it to be shipped!
Not so fast my friends………….
- Or drive down to meet the online vendor you purchased from and learn more about them
- Or drive down and see what other goods and services your vendor has available; the ones you overlooked as you were frantically trying to tackle the immediate need
- Or drive down and determine if you could use that vendor as an extension of your program, marketing, creative or idea team
- Or drive down to meet the employees of your vendor and see how eager they are to share their excitement about projects and how they can help you further
- Or drive down because taking a little Recess to get out of the office and connect with people is how relationships are forged
- Or drive down and perhaps become a resource for them
- Or drive down so you can get ice cream or candy and bring it back to the office!
Time is money. Yes it is. But are there instances where saving time might be costing you money when you should actually be investing time?